ESSENTIAL GIFTS FOR WINE-LOVERS
Secret Santa, Hanukkah, Christmas... or just because! This time of year, everyone is thinking about gifts for family and friends. But we know it can be hard to choose or come up with a good idea. You have to think hard to find a way to surprise them!
If the person is a wine-lover, you’re in luck because there are loads of options to choose from! This article is full of ideas and inspiration for a holiday gift for the wine-lover on your list.
1. WINE-RELATED GIFTS: ALL SORTS OF ACCESSORIES
Our first suggestion for a gift any wine-lover will adore is an accessory to go with wine or that anyone who enjoys a good bottle will love.
Here are a few ideas of accessories and trinkets for wine-lovers and a short explanation of what each one is for:
- Vacuum pump: this device sucks the air out of a wine bottle, creating a vacuum.
- Stopper: some are simple and others hermetic, with a better seal. They’re used to close the bottle tightly, instead of the cork, so the wine will last longer. There are loads of fun ones, in all shapes and colours, and others that are more elegant, with a silver finish, for example.
- Pourer: the simplest ones help you pour the wine properly, without dripping. They’re easy to clean and can be reused. There are also others that help aerate the wine as it is served.
- Cooler sleeve: for those who prefer sparkling or white wines, a cooler sleeve is a great gift!
- Books on wine: finally, another amazing option is a book on wine. You can find loads of interesting titles like ‘Tras las viñas’ by Josep Roca and Inma Puig, or ‘La cata de vinos’ by Lluís Manel.
2. GIFT PACKS OF WINE WITH SPECTACULAR BOTTLES
Another Christmas gift for a wine-lover is a gift pack with several bottles. They’re sure to enjoy it and thank you for it! We have several gift packs you can choose from, depending on the person’s preferences:
- Wooden box with 6 bottles El Coto Crianza: our essential must-have is a great option if you want to give a sure bet. You can’t go wrong! Our Crianza is the perfect wine to open any time during the holidays.
- Pack 3 bottles Coto de Imaz Reserva: our great Reserva wine, made with Tempranillo grapes, is perfect for those who enjoy a fuller wine.
- Pack of 2 bottles 875 m: this young wine, made of Chardonnay and Tempranillo grapes, is the perfect gift for anyone who loves discovering new young wines that have a lot to say. Our 875 m has floral and tropical fruit aromas that enchant anyone who tries it.
- Wooden box 6 bottles El Coto Reserva 50 aniversario: this wine is, without question, the most special gift you can give this Christmas. Why? Because it is the first Reserva we’ve made of our El Coto, with just 3,000 bottles produced to commemorate our 50th anniversary. There’s nothing more special or exclusive!
These are just some of our gift packs. Want to see them all?
3. BOTTLE RACK OR WINE FRIDGE: DEPENDING ON YOUR BUDGET!
Another idea for a present for someone who loves wine is a bottle rack. Think about how much space they have at home and how many bottles they normally have on hand when deciding the size and capacity of the rack: 10 bottles, 25 or even 75. In terms of the materials and format, there is a whole range of options to choose from! You can go for a simpler one in wood for a more classic look or in chrome with a more spectacular shape for those with more modern tastes.
If you have a bit more to spend: a wine fridge would be a great option! Wines are best when stored on their side at a constant temperature, ours included.
4. WINE-TOURISM EXPERIENCE
We love this gift! Even though we can't do it yet ...
Giving experiences is always fun, and if they’re related to wine: even better! You can give a visit to several wineries, one winery with a tasting, a weekend getaway to La Rioja to enjoy El Coto… They’re sure to love it!
5. WINE PAIRING WITH GOOD CHEESE AND CURED MEAT
For the full experience without leaving home, a Christmas present for someone who loves wine and good food is: a full pack of cured meats, cheeses and wines! You can buy it ready-made or put it together yourself, choosing each item, for a gift that is very special and personal.
We recommend any of the Ibérico products from Dehesa Barón de Ley, such as the salchichón ibérico, chorizo ibérico or acorn-fed ham. You can pair them with any of our red wines, although don’t think a white wine is totally out of the question. Not at all!
Our Coto Imaz Reserva Blanco, with its complex aromas and butteriness, is great with game, red meat and beef. Dare to try this combination?
6. A NEW SET OF GLASSES FOR THEIR FAVOURITE WINE
And now the final suggestion on our list of gift ideas for wine-lovers! This one is very flexible as a gift on its own (for a Secret Santa, for example) or with another gift.
Choose a pretty, good-quality set of glasses. But, most importantly, choose a set that is right for the type of wine they normally drink.
Want to know which glass to choose based on their favourite wine? Don’t miss this article with all the tips you need!
“The wine world is becoming less masculine and less stereotypical”: an interview with Vanesa García, Head of Quality at the Barón de Ley Group